Search This Blog

Friday, January 31, 2014

It's a 4Q Finish for 1Q '14!

I have a 4th quarter finish!!  Yay!  One crossed off my list!  Whoooohoooo!  (Yes, there is some alliteration going on there.  Hehehe.)

This quilt was made with a very cool pattern by Debby Kratovil called Sugarloaf.  We started this quilt one night at our CCMQG in a class taught by Jessica.  I decided to do mine with a fat quarter of hand dyed brights I had stashed from Connecting Threads.  Well, it is definitely bright!  I also decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to practice my free motion skills on my longarm.  I also practiced doing ruler work and stitch in the ditch.  Stitch in the ditch can be quite the challenge on a regular sewing machine (thank goodness for the edge foot) and is even more so on a long arm - at least for me, anyway.

I used Superior Thread King Tut #921 variegated thread.  It is a bright, colorful thread!









Colorful, eh??!!





1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Super colour choices -so vibrant and alive! Great work!

    ReplyDelete