Search This Blog

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunday Stash #20 Pony Express Remix

Cotton + Steel has lived up to the hype in my estimation.  The basics are beyond just basics with the metallics.  They been done just right - not too much or too old school.  Connecting Threads is going to start carrying Cotton + Steel.  I think that is saying something!  Okay.  Seriously.

To brush up on my paper piecing for the Space Dust Quilt Along with Paul Hallinger and John Adams, I did this EQ7 Andrea Bishop block.  Of course, I used the Cotton + Steel basics.  I think they are showcased here pretty well.


Gorgeous, aren't they?

But when it came to getting August, Hat Box, Homebody, Moonlit, or Mustang, I was at a complete loss.  I love all of them!  But some fabrics in some of the lines more than others.  I was leaning towards getting Homebody (because I am a total homebody) until I saw the Pony Express Remix on Hawthorne Threads.  This is my Sunday Stash #20 - the Pony Express Remix.



(Please excuse my not so great pictures that do not do these fabrics justice.  It has been dark and rainy here all weekend long.)

I already have the quilt that I am going to make with these beauties.  It is from John Q. Adams book Beyond Neutral:Quilts Inspired by Nature's Elements.  I highly recommend this book.  There are several in it that I am dying to make.


This book gets me thinking about creating something different and my own.  That is the kind of book I thoroughly enjoy.

Going to link up with the very funny and talented Molli Sparkles for Sunday Stash!  Show us yours!


2 comments:

  1. Love what you did with those basics! And I love the remix bundles, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the block you made with the basics! I really like the rainbow and the metallic.

    ReplyDelete