Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Blocks, Mistakes and a Secret

Here, finally, is my July Craftsy Block:



I like this block because it looks 3D.  The 3D effect is created by the way the color values are used.   There are no Y seams in this particular piecing method used for the block.  It is 60 degree triangles and diamonds which means bias edges.   August's block will have to wait until September.

Here is another block that I paper pieced:

 

 
 
Love the pattern (by Piece By Number), A Circle of Geese.  I do not like how it turned out with all the black, busy fabric.  Will definitely make this block again with different fabrics and colors!  This was a fun experiment with Modern Bliss fabric.
 
My friend Jessica @ Sew Patched Up has asked me to test out a pattern that she designed.  Of course, I was so excited!  Motivated me to use that layer cake of Cuzco I've had stashed for a while.  I have been working on this quilt and am getting close to having the top finished.  I won't say anything more but here is a picture of some of chain piecing:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment