Search This Blog

Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Finishes!

Okay, I admit that I keep thinking that somehow 'life' is going to get less complicated after I get ____ (fill in the blank) done.  But it doesn't.  When I get one project done, another one (or two) are added.  By me.  I totally do this to myself.  But I love it!  Wouldn't want it any other way.

In our MQG, Jessica taught us how to make The Sugarloaf Quilt by Debby Kratovil.  Yes, I came home and finished mine.  I went shopping in my stash and found some bright, hand dyed rainbow fabrics for mine.  Yes, it IS very colorful and bright!


Quilt top is finished.  Now, how to quilt it?!?  It will be a little while til I can get it upstairs and loaded on.  Presently, I am working on this quilt for a talented customer:


It is her first quilt!  I am so impressed!  

AND, I have been commissioned to make a full size quilt.  Here is one block with all the pieces.

 
The pattern is Midnight Sky by Michael Miller Fabrics done in the Constellations Fabrics by Lizzy House (Andover Fabrics).  The unfinished block size is 12.5".  Lots of flying geese in these blocks. 
 
I have three quilts quilted with one almost done with the binding being hand sewn on.  (Not my favorite part of quilting - hand sewing on binding.)  Hope to finish two of those tonight with pictures coming!
 
This is just the sewing part of my life.  The other parts are just as crazy.  But, really, I wouldn't have it any other way. 
 
Sew far, sew good,
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment