Search This Blog

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Finished Quilts!!

Here are two quilts that have been finished, washed and dried (for that crinkly look). They both just need labels embroidered and sewn on.

"Tend the Earth" is a layer cake pattern by Camille Roskelley. It is about 64" x 73" (or so). 100% cotton batting and thread. The fabric is Moda's Tend the Earth. This one is going in our bedroom on a couch. I did the FMQ in a leaf pattern on the squares, a loop pattern on the sashing, and straight line quilting on the borders. (Scroll down to see close up.)

The other quilt, "4 Seasons", is a kit I got awhile ago from Connecting Threads. The kit sold out quickly, so I am glad I got one! The fabric is 100% cotton voile, the batting is 100% cotton (Quilter's Dream - my favorite). I might sell this one; not sure. Because the front and back are cotton voile, it is really quite light for a quilt. The FMQ is stitch in the ditch with straight line quilting around the appliqued squares. (Scroll down for close up.)

A big thanks to my husband for holding these up while I took photos! And that's Miss Molly, our doggy, in the one photo - she just had to have her picture taken! The weather has been rainy here all weekend, so been inside sewing!















No comments:

Post a Comment