Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

WIP Quilts

Just about ready for Christmas!  (I think...)  August is the month I start working on quilts and other hand made gifts and yet it seems that I have something that is not finished until right before. This year is no exception.  Today, I pieced the last 5 blocks for the Easy as ABC QAL and got the first row sewn together.  This is one WIP quilt.


 
 
I plan on having the quilt top pieced together and ready to be quilted by Saturday, but we all know how plans go.  Aren't those some great colors?  Thanks to Sew Lux Fabric for the colorful bundles that I received every month from them.  Can't wait to see this one all pieced together!
 
Here are a couple of pictures of another WIP quilt.  Yes, it is another Dr. Seuss quilt.  This one is for my Granddaughter.  Yes, this is the 6th Dr. Seuss quilt I've made.  My friend Jessica joked, "That's a lot of Sam I Am!"  Yes, yes it is!  But I LOVE Dr. Seuss.  I have so many fond memories of reading the books with my Dad.
 
 
Here it is ready to be quilted; draped over the long arm frame.




Both quilts are twin sized, about 75" x 90".

This year, I am wishing for a couple of elves to come and help.  Does anyone else feel the same way?  Linking up now to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.


No comments:

Post a Comment