Search This Blog

Friday, May 16, 2014

Finish it Up Friday with Terrain and Daydream

Today, I got the border quilting done on the Starlight quilt.  This is the quilt that will be a birthday present for my niece.  It isn't completely finished as it still needs binding.  The pattern is similar to one I have made before with the Lazy Angle ruler.  Here is a nice shot out in the afternoon sun.


Look at those colors of Terrain!  LOVE!  After our downpour this morning, the sky turned sunny and blue!

A shot I took in the house of the quilt:

That picture is okay but I do believe the one out in the sun does the fabric line more justice and shows off the colors better.  (Note to self.)


A close up shot of the quilting.  (Before washing and drying.)

And to round out my day working with gorgeous Kate Spain fabrics, I pulled out Daydream to make these blocks I had sketched out...


More fabulous colors!  I used the scraps to make the half square triangles and then trimmed them up with my Bloc Loc.  Maybe I will use them in for a border or on the backing?  Not sure yet.  Going to work up a pattern with different sizes of blocks.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Up Friday!  

1 comment:

  1. you are so right! the colours are beautiful!! gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete