Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

WIP Wednesday and Dancing with the Stars

I have cut up my Kate Spain Terrain charm packs.  Loving the colors!  Using my Lazy Angle ruler, here is the quilt I am in the process of sewing together.


Seriously, the colors are so gorgeous!  I took this at night, even.  To me, the stars look like they are dancing.  Do you see the one block that is different than the others?  Well that was a cutting mistake turned into an opportunity.  See, I needed every charm square in the 4 packs to make this quilt.  The top two rows have been sewn together, the rest obviously not.  They are just kind of thrown on the design wall. This quilt is for my niece's birthday at the end of May.  She saw this quilt made with Kate Spain's Cuzco and Jessica's over at Sew Patched Up Simple Squares pattern and hinted that she would love a quilt like that.  Well, I couldn't find any Terrain layer cakes (they were gone on #thegreatfabricdestash before I could even think about typing in my email address) BUT I did get 4 charm packs!   Finding yardage still available was a challenge - I totally love challenges!

Another WIP that has nothing to do with quilting are these adorable little guys:


Our bluebirds are back!  They are raising their first clutch.  Yep, 5 hungry mouths to feed!  Not too worry, my husband keeps their feeder stocked with meal worms.

Linking up now WIP at Freshly Pieced being hosted this week by Laura of Quokka Quilts.  What quilty sewing goodness are you working on?

3 comments:

  1. The one different star is really cool adds a real interest to the quilt, it is looking amazing, love Kate Spain fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one different star. It reminds me of those sweaters with all white and just one black sheep. Cute. And those baby birds are too precious for words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great looking star quilt

    ReplyDelete