Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Stash #11 Poem Included

Okay, I did it.  I jumped on the bandwagon of the fabric diet.  That's right, no fabric for me in April.  I am already regretting the decision.  It's not like I don't already have so much stash that it will take me several years to do something with it ... it is just the thought of no new fabric for one. whole. month.  I mean, I panicked for a few thinking, "O.M.G.!  What will I post on Sunday Stash?!?!?"  (See below for a poem written by my Grandmother to my Mom and my Aunts.  I come by my fabric addiction honestly.)

Turns out, I am okay.  Here are some recent additions purchased in March.


True Colors by Anna Maria Horner fat quarter bundle.  These look so delicious next to AMH's Dowry fabric line.  LOVE!


These are Timeless Treasure prints that I will be using on my Sew Lux Anniversary Mini quilt for backing.  To see the top, go here quilt tops finished.

And some Melody Miller fabric to make my Noodle-Head super tote!



Love these!!  Yes, I am old enough to remember the actual viewfinder thingy for these.  Yep.

Here is the poem that my Grandmother, Clarissa Holmes Buttars, wrote to my Mom and my Aunts:

Legacy of a Cloth-aholic

When I am called up yonder
There will be no peace of mind
Not because you miss me
But on account of what I left behind.

You know, I'm a great collector
Not of art, gold or historic lore
But I collect rare bargains
Found in every fabric store.

I have cloth of every color
Plain, plaid, print and stripe
I've cloth of every texture
Pieces of every size and type.

I've ribbon, laces, trims and bias
Eyelet, ric-rac, wide and narrow braid
I've yarn and crochet cotton
And many spools of sewing thread.

There are also many patterns
For crafts of every kind
"How To" books, magazines, instruction sheets
Just look and you will find --

All this stored in every corner
And, in every drawer and chest
In boxes, bags and baskets
And the closets hide the rest.

So now I tell you, darling daughters
You just can't throw it all away.
You must look, measure, and divide it
Even if it takes all day...
Or a week...or a month...or a year.

And when you're old like I am
And your daughters too, have grown
Then they can have this legacy
For their very own...

With love,
Mom

See?  It runs in my family!  What more can I say?  I might make it this month without falling off that bandwagon.  BUT...!

Linking up now with Molli Sparkles Sunday Stash!  Show us yours!


6 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the fabric diet! Out of the past 3 months, I've failed in two of them, but April will be better, yes indeed :D I do love those True Colours bundles, though.... talk about temptation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fabrics are perfect for tote! Pretty addition. Also thanks for nice comment on my blog. You appear as no-reply so you might better check your settings ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That Melody Miller and AMH are so wonderful! I love my True Colors bundle. :) Good luck with your fabric diet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, look at all the colours! Good luck with the diet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a juicy assortment of fabrics... Good thing you shopped in March to ease the pain for April! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, you can still link up other bits of your stash to Sunday Stash--doesn't have to be new! Secondly, those sewing machines are phenomenal. Thirdly, I want to feature your grandmother's poem because it is that incredible? Let's discuss, because the world needs to know about it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete