Search This Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2014

WIP's 2nd Q 2014

This blog post is to document where I am at as of today.

What needs to be finished:

 My oldest WIP, Craftsy 2013 BOM.  The top is finally finished after I went with a drunkard's path block.  It is upstairs (with backing) waiting patiently to be quilted.   I am just not sure where I want to go with the quilting of this one.


Next up are the 40 Tula Pink Modern Quilt blocks that once I put everything away, it is difficult for me to get into gear and make more.  Not sure why, because I love making these!  The size?


(Sorry, not the best picture!)  I have 14 blocks to make, sashing to do and this TP Modern Quilt block quilt be be ready for quilting.  This one keeps getting pushed to the side for other quilts that have definite deadlines.  Definitely want to finish this one this quarter!



My Glimma obsession and love of all things Glimma - ahhhh. (Not the best pictures here either.)   I gave up on the idea of finishing these blocks into a quilt and am going with a table topper and a runner. These need simple, plain backing and quilting. The leftover fabric has been cut up and is just waiting to be pieced into a Simple Squares quilt.  The pattern is Jessica's and is free on her blog!



Hop Skip & Jump BOM with Sew Lux Fabric!  We are in month 11.  I am slow making this month's block but tomorrow is another day!  Can't wait to see this one finished!



Okay, I get it now.  Swoon blocks are big.  They DO take a lot of time even with my AccuQuilt Go! doing the cutting.  My goal was to make TWO, just two last quarter.  I didn't make it.  Sigh.  At two a year, this baby will take me forever.  (Drama.)  I need to do something different.  It is a quilt for our own bed for crying out loud!



This baby is almost done!  Quilted with binding sewn to the front but not hand sewn to the back yet. (Who else likes to hand sew binding on while watching TV at night?  Makes the commercials pass quicker, right?)  This was a block bee swap started last year that several participated in with the Coastal Carolina Modern Quilt Guild.  We each picked out 4 different yards of fabric and participated in the swap.  My 4 fabrics are from the Sketch fabric line in Lipstick, Aqua, Navy and Coral.  I put them together in Alison Glass' Text fabric in Teal.  The binding is Paintbox by Cynthia Rowley.  The quilting is a dense E2E pattern called broken glass.



This is another Sew Lux BOM.  It is their anniversary mini mystery BOM!  (Not much of a mystery now with my posting the finished top.)  This one has the backing made and is waiting for quilting upstairs, too.


Alison Glass fabric lines in orange peel...yum!  This one will be a king size and for my daughter and SIL.  I am going for a cathedral window look.  This one keeps getting pushed to the side, too.  Need to make a deadline and stick to it!

Vintage Quilt Revival  BOM with Sukie Don't Ya Know in Acacia fabrics by Tula Pink.  I am three weeks behind, and am going to get some blocks done tomorrow!  I am, I swear!


The Intrepid Thread's Gypsy Wife BOM.  Need I say any more?  I am slow with this month's block on this one as well.  Tomorrow is going to be a busy, BOM making day!


This one is upstairs waiting for quilting as well.  I have another one cut out and waiting to be pieced.   Two baby girls coming this month!  Both quilts have to be done by certain dates, so this one will get quilted this weekend with binding sewn on shortly after.

Tired yet?  That is certainly enough to keep me occupied for some time to come.  But noooooooooo, I have other quilts jumping around in my mind!  They haven't been started yet, but patterns and backing are picked out, purchased and ready to go.  

Here they are:

Terrain quilt (for a birthday in May - got to get to work!)
Dowry quilt (no backing yet)
True Colors quilt (Anna Maria Horner - no backing yet)
Lottie Da quilt
Salt Water quilt
Simply Style quilt (king size - I really want this one for our bed too!)
Hashtag quilt (Happy Go Lucky fabric)
Sunnyside quilt (my own HST design)
Summersville Spring quilt (a quick strip quilt)
CatNap quilt
Prince Charming quilt

Hah!  Yeah.  Really, there are even more.  With the weather getting warmer and weeds growing like they do...a big are you kidding me?!?  *smh

Linking up now with Katy over at The Littlest Thistle.  Come on!  There are no penalties if you don't get stuff done but there are PRIZES you can win if you do!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects. I love your taste in fabric, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything on here looks wonderful! Good luck on finishes, I feel the same way with put them on the list and hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete