Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

After the Sewing and Quilting Expo!

I don't even know where to start!  I had an absolutely fabulous time at the Expo with my friend Jessica!  (A huge thanks to my dear husband who kept everything together at home, cooked and cleaned while I was gone.)


It took two bellhop carts to get me and my friend Jessica's stuff to the room!  Poor bellhop, but we tipped him well.

This was our view before going down into the Expo shopping area.  Jessica called it going down to heaven!  A contained place just full of fabric, thread, patterns, gadgets, notions, sewing machines, sergers, longarm machines, cabinets, etc.  Oh My!



A quilted car cover!


One of my favorite quilts - there were others but I didn't take enough pictures.  : (

 

Here are pics of some of the projects from the classes that I took:

 
 
Two columns/rows finished of Tumbling Blocks taught by Nelly Vileikis.
 
And 4 blocks from the Good Luck Quilt block class taught by Debby Kratovil ~
 
 

This class was one of my favorites, Debby is a fantastic teacher!  That evening, Jessica and I went back up to our room and cut, pieced, pressed and sewed away!  I have a pile of pinned pieces that need be sewn together. 


The gray will be the sashing and the aqua fabric in the center of the blocks (photo above) will be the cornerstones.  I am excited to get this one finished!

I also took the classes Bag in a Flash:  Serger basics taught by Barb Callahan, All About Zippers taught by Darlene Guillory, and Longarming 101 taught by Valerie Schlake.  (YES.  I did take a class in longarming - but that's for a different post later!)

Here is a pic of my Glimma tote, name tag holder, Note Taker (pattern by Pink Chalk Studio), and Class Mate (pattern by Atkinson Design) that I took with me ~


Last but not least, I got some great stash!  Heather Bailey fabrics!  WhooHoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment