Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lil Monster - WIP

I was out in Utah this past weekend.  No sewing was done.  I did take some time to visit a couple of quilt/fabric stores while out there.  I scored a couple of pieces of fabric while out there.  Before I left, I was asked to make a baby boy quilt before March 27.  The theme of the baby's room is little monsters.  I found some cute fabric on etsy and got it ordered.  It was waiting for me when I got home late Monday night.

I decided to do a scrappy nine patch with the 9 different fabrics.


Fun, easy and adorable!  

My husband also got me 2 sheets of foam insulation while I was gone for my new design wall.  Pinned the batting on one last night.  This is a great design wall!  Totally lightweight and portable.  Now I can have a design wall and still have access to my closet!



4 comments:

  1. Don"t you just love to make baby quilts ! They're so quick (usually) and fun!!! Love that monster fabric !! You did a great job ! I'm sure baby and family will love it ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Perfect for a lil' monster! :) Found you through WIP Wednesday and now I just have to take a look around - I love the blog header! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick, easy but very very effective. This is going to make a darling aby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute baby quilt Julie! I am glad you got a new design wall! I am sure you will get a lot of use out of it! :)

    Would love for you to stop by tomorrow and link this up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete