Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WIP - Blissful Ballerina or Flower Power?

This is a stash of fat quarters (Modern Bliss by Andie Hanna) that I have had for a while - almost a year. I couldn't make up my mind what to make with them. Or I had something else that had to be finished first.  This afternoon, I said to heck with it, pulled out my Ballerina quilt pattern by Jaybird Quilts and started cutting.  I thought I'd make a shortcut by sewing the two strips together first.  Um, don't do that with this pattern. Fortunately, I found that out after just one block.

This is what I have so far:


Very modern and bright!   My question:  Should the name of the quilt be Blissful Ballerina or Flower Power? (Please try and ignore all the threads stuck to my soon to be replaced design wall.  Even a sticky roller thingy won't get them off.)  I am hoping to have the top finished by Friday.  The pattern is really quite easy and fast to put together.  The background fabric is Bella solid Zen.  (Blissful Zen quilt?  Modern Zen?)

For my Birthday last year, I got this gorgeous wall hanging and these two fun pillows from Jessica.  Such saturated, bright colors!  Which I LOVE.



(Why, yes, that is my Cuzco quilt right behind the pillows.)  Linking up with WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced Modern with guest host Stephanie from Quarter Incher.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely Blissful Ballerina! I love all of the color in your blog!
    Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Blissful Ballerina as well. I can picture an overhead view of twirling ballerinas in bright skirts here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No suggestions for the name, just wanted to say I like the swirly motion of the design.

    ReplyDelete