Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2014

TGIFF - A Lil Monster Quilt!

It's a Friday of sorts Saturday finish!  The quilting was finished last night with the binding being hand sewn on this morning.

A coworker asked me a couple of weeks ago to please make a quilt for her niece.  She needed it for the shower today.  She apologized for the short notice, but I assured her I would get it done.  Can you say, "just barely?"  I totally do this to myself.  Do you ever say "yes" when the word really needs to be "no"?  Thought so.  But I digress...

Her niece has done the baby boy's room in a cute lil monster theme.  I searched on the internet and found these adorable fabrics (perfect!) on etsy.  The fabric line is Monster Mash by Heather Rosas for Camelot Fabrics.  There were nine different fabrics, so I went with a scrappy nine patch layout. Plus, a scrappy nine patch goes together pretty fast.



Isn't that it adorable?!?  I love how the monsters are peeking out behind the chairs, lamps, TV and the door.  Great colors for a little baby boy's room.

The batting is Quilter's Dream 100% cotton and it is quilted with an E2E called Maze by Wasatch Quilting.  I used 100% cotton, 40 wt. King Tut thread in Karnak color.  The size is 39" x 46".

No comments:

Post a Comment